Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Bane

I've said before that one of the negatives of my job is my commute.
I take both a Bus (36) and Subway (Lawrence-Finch)
to and from work.
Based on Google Maps it is 20.6 kms from home;
By car - 22 minutes.
By public transit - not taking schedules into account -  1 hour 6 minutes.
Since last Friday, my commute home has been most painful.
I finish work at 4:00pm.
Friday:
Car accident bus rerouted - construction delay - home at 6:45pm.
Monday:
Construction delay - short turned - home at 6:30pm.
Tuesday:
Construction delay - subway shut down for 1 hour - home at 6:45pm.
Today:
Construction delay - short turned - home at 6:00pm.
That is 10 hours.
My time is valuable and there are so many
other ways I'd like to spend 10 hours.
As it's the way home, I'm too tired to read for more than 30 minutes.
I don't like loud music through headphones, but I should
go to the Library and try books on tape/cd.
That might work.

No comments: