Monday, January 17, 2011

User Guides vs. Assembly Instructions

Slowly I am learning the features of my new camera.
Very slowly.
It is a Canon Power Shot SX130 IS
with 12X Optical Zoom.
The User Guide is 180 pages.

I have always been very adept with assembly instructions.
I can pretty much always figure out how to fix things and build things.
My Dad & I work really well together with Ikea furniture.
My Mom & I work really well together with Wall Paper.
I'm logical and patient.

Where my skill is lacking is understanding User Guides and PS3 controls.
I'm a visual learner.
I can watch a How To Video once or twice and it sticks.
My learning style is like the Chinese proverb:

“Tell me and I'll forget;

show me and I may remember;

involve me and I'll understand.”


Today I figured out the Fish Eye effect feature.
Hilarious.
I took loads of photos of Adam & I looking completely wrong
and goofy and bug-eyed and I just couldn't stop laughing.

Crockett was interesting because as a Pug,
he already has a bug-eyed face with wide apart eyes
so they just looked like close ups.
He wasn't thrilled with me sticking the camera in his face today.

PUG BUG EYES!
He's just too cute.



No comments: