Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Wonderland

One of the things I miss about Quebec -
The Winter Carnival
and the Bonnehomme Carnavale.

Quebec Winter Carnival

Back in my youth, I was the Winter Carnival Queen for the City of Dorval one year.
I had tiara and everything.
I got to sit in a convertible in the parade
and drop the puck at a Friday night Junior B Hockey Game.
It was loads of fun and in no way was it a talent or beauty contest.
I got my name picked out of a hat to represent our Figure Skating Club.
There were a dozen other girls who were representing their sport or club.
The first girl to have her name pulled out of the
festive winter barrel 3 times won.
I won!

I am happy with the weather and happy that it is snowing.
It makes it not so sad when you see the Christmas Trees
stuffed in body bags on the side of the road.


It started to snow this evening so I logged onto The Weather Network
because I'm a nerd and that's how I roll.


This is how the next 24 hours will look here in Toronto.



These are the beautiful sparkly snowflakes on our kitchen windowsill.


Finally, the view tonight from our kitchen window.
I feel like having a nice foamy hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.

No comments: