Sunday, January 23, 2011

Knitting & Math

I have really enjoyed knitting this winter but I fear I
will never get past the basic stitch.

These are my 2 scarves I am currently working on for my nieces
along with a really pretty one my Mom made for me for Christmas.

 Click on the photo to enlarge and see my comments.

 I was browsing some patterns for hats and
they seem so much like Math.
Math shuts me down.
Business/Accounting, debit/credit - I'm good. It's logical.
Anything else, I lose interest & shut down.
See # 8 on this list as to why I think this has happened  - here.
It took me years to want to try Sudoku.
My Mom explained how it had nothing to do with
Math and that I could replace 1-9 with A-I.
I got it, now I enjoy it.
But I digress.

This is the pattern I want to be able to knit.
I just love this.


Source
I'll keep on with my scarves and work my way up to this Jumper one day.

No comments: