Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Good Grief! No.....BAD Grief!!

Today was not such a good day.
My brain hasn't stopped since I was given a bit of news at work.
The only way to describe what has been going on in my head
for the last 9 hours is;

Woe
Chaos
Dread
Fear
Trepidation
Agitation
Worry
Angst
Distress
Apprehension
and Uneasiness 

I'm in a position where I have to make a decision.
As much as I dislike the Canadian Rock Institution that is RUSH,
Geddy Lee hit the nail on the head with the lyric,
" If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."

It's almost like I need to pray or to meditate or to sit in a quiet
distraction free room and just really think. 
I need a really really big piece of paper, a pencil, a pencil sharpener and an eraser.
I need to write everything down as it comes, without worrying
that my writing is neat, I'm using correct grammar
or that what I am writing makes any sense. 
Then I have to listen and really hear the response I get from the Universe.

I wish I could ask advice from;
Gandalf 
Yoda
Kuato
Glenda the Good Witch
Dumbledore
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Galadriel
Aslan
The Man with the Yellow Hat
The Friendly Giant

Some fictional character that would magically provide me with the perfect
solution and all would just work out perfectly.

I consider myself an intelligent person.
I am logical.
I know who I am.
I have a healthy sense of self.
I am honest with myself.
I know what I like, I know what I don't like.
I know my strengths and my weaknesses.

One of my weaknesses that will be tested
is my lack of hearing my inner voice.
I tend to question my intuition.

During my commute home, I feared that I would not be
good company tonight.
I made an effort before I walked int he door to breathe, smile
and not be a Debbie Downer.

Adam did what Adam does.  He made me smile.
He made me laugh and he made me forget,
even for a few moments,
all the crap that is bumping around in my brain.

The trick will be getting to sleep tonight.
I'll have to put in The Lord of the Rings on DVD
and let Howard Shore's awesome score
assist me in getting to the REM stage of sleep.


No comments: