Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Storm Watch Continues (and Crockett)

I am looking forward to this storm.
This is the first time that I have a job that for a day here and there
I can work from the comfort of my home.
I have remote desktop connection set up as I'm always going
in & checking my e-mails, so I'm all set!
Also, it is the beginning of the Chinese New Year Holiday so all the folks
that I correspond with in China are off for at least a week.

It's already a plan that if we wake up & it's bad, we'll all stay home.
Hope hope hope hope hope.
I would welcome a day home.
I've shaken off the funk I was in last weekend so it can
be a very productive, relaxing and enjoyable day.
One spent in my jammies, checking my e-mail hourly and cuddling with
Crockett while I choose which recipe to tackle first out of my
fancy new cookbooks I got from my father in law.
I have a very strong feeling that it will be bread related.

I could, if it was an option, work from home full time if
I had a proper office and work space.
I have the work ethic and discipline for it.
I think if I worked from home all the time I'd actually
work more than 40 hours a week!
My little writing nook here in the corner of our
bedroom is perfect for my laptop,
a nice warm drink, my camera, Gandalf, a lamp, my alarm clock 
& the tv/dvd converter.
Good for leisure, not proper work.

Also, a Joanne oddity is that when I work, I need quiet.
While I sit here & write my blog, I listen to music on my playlist
or have a dvd in. It's always one or the other.
My current movie is still The Prince of Persia.
I have watched it, or had it on in the background
everyday for a week.

Adam has always marvelled at my ability to rewatch movies
over and over and over.
If I like a movie, I enjoy watching it multiple times.
I look for things I may not have noticed the 1st time around.

Some of my favorites over the years that I've watched and rewatched;
While You Were Sleeping
Bridget Jones's Diary
Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King
Lord of the Rings - Extended Version Extras
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
The Chronicles of Narnia:  The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
Just Like Heaven
Troy
Inkheart
Stardust
Love Actually
The Departed
and now....
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

The criteria of being on this list is that once the movie is over
I've restarted it immediately.

To be clear, I don't sit & watch every minute of every scene while they're on.
Alot of the time they're in the background.
I've done this more since we've moved to Yonge Street to block out
the noise from the street. I get spooked easily and can't hear bad
things from the street over sword fights and battles.

Long post, many words, no photos so, here's a Crockett shot to make you smile.
It is when he was a puppy, he was going mental on our bed having a blast.


It is 11:07pm and I'd better get to bed in case
the storm doesn't develop and I've got to go to work tomorrow!

Good Night.

No comments: