Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gargle With Salt Water

I was sick over Christmas.
The sore throat and congestion has since gone away but
the fatigue and general feeling of malaise never fully departed.
Almost every night at some point, I wake up, cough a few times,
Adam gets me a glass of water, and I go back to sleep.
No chest congestion, just an irritating dry cough.
We don't have a humidifier so I chalk it up to cold dry winter air.

I am just tired tired tired all the time.
You know it's bad when you fall asleep while sitting on the throne.
If I sit anywhere for more than 5 minutes and close my eyes, I'm done.

It's been really cold the last few days.
NOT complaining, as it's also been beautifully sunny
and the sidewalks are dry.
I dress in layers and I actually find the crisp air in the
morning rather refreshing.
I also have hand warmers to activate in my purse in case of emergency.
I was a Brownie and Girl Guide, I'm prepared!

Tuesday at work, I felt the top of the back of my mouth getting a little dry.
By Tuesday night, the throat was sore & the stuffy nose had returned.
I'm not sick, I'm just stuffy.
The stuffy where you lay down and your nose congests only on one side
then you turn over & the other side congests. Vicious cycle!

I will have another weekend of doing nothing, I mean, resting ;)
The weather is supposed to warm up and I've been wanting to take Crockett
down the walking trail past the Lawn Bowling Club.
It is nice this time of year. Packed snow, good trail.
Hopefully we'll get in a nice walk this weekend.

For now, I've gargled with salt water, I have a Kleenex up my sleeve and
under the advice of Gandalf the Grey, I am going to take 2 Buckley's
night-time caplets and get some sleep.

I shall not coouugghh!

No comments: