Monday, February 21, 2011

2:53am Feb 21, 2011

I heard a loud bang.
I was still half awake in bed watching the movie Troy.
Adam was in the living room watching the movie The Boiler Room.

He thought it was me I thought it was him.
We are both completely spooked.

We check the windows and the doors, all locked, alarms on.
We go back to what we were doing.

A few minutes later....BANG.

We meet up in our hallway at the front door.
Our floorboards are creaky so if there is someone on the other
side of the door in the hallway, they know we're there.
I whisper to Adam to go sit back down and turn the TV back on.
I stay at the door, completely still, eye to the peep hole
to see if there is any movement in the hallway.
Nothing. No shadows. No sound.

I go to the kitchen to take a look out the window &
grab a knife. Why? Just made me feel better.

As I turn around......BANG.
Something moves on the kitchen floor.
Is it coming from upstairs?
Are there critters stuck in the walls?
We're standing in front of the fridge spooked and baffled.

I will admit, for about 10 seconds I feared we had
a poltergeist. I really did!

Then Adam went, "Oh" and opened the freezer.


3 Diet Cokes in the freezer.


3 loud bangs as they froze & burst.


Chore for Monday - clean the freezer.

We were both awake, but now we are really awake.
Adam has made me a nice cup of tea.
I have to choose another movie to put in as Troy is almost finished.

Looks like I'll be sleeping in late....I hope!


No comments: