Saturday, February 5, 2011

What Day Is It?

 My plan for a sleep-in this morning was dashed when my
alarm went off at 5:15am as it does Monday to Friday.
I'd gone to bed last night without turning it off.
I was confused and asked Adam,  "What day is it?"
He didn't answer. Didn't even move.

Unfortunately, Crockett thought it was a weekday
and woke up and was very kissy & in my face.
Sometimes I wake up and he is inches above my face staring at me.
As soon as we make eye contact, I get a face lick and the day has begun.

Every step seems to give him a little jolt and he jumps with excitement.
Normally when I am in the loo is when I hear his
little paws clang clanging his food bowl.
Today was no different, except that it's SATURDAY!!!!

I knew that I wouldn't get back to sleep without
feeding him and taking him outside.
Once he was fed and I was fully awake and dressed, Adam rolled over and
told me to just take Crockett on the steps, to not go too far from home. 
I had to chuckle. 
I advised him that if it were a weekday, I'd be either waiting
on the corner for a bus or already on the subway. 
How is today different?  At least he woke up!

Some sidewalks were dry while others were wet and salty
and irritated Crockett's paws.
It was a short walk with the purpose to empty his insides.

An early morning visit to the tinkle bush.

When we got back home, I slid back into bed and into a deep slumber.
Until Adam's alarm went off!
We have an alarm clock that has settings for 2 separate alarms.

I couldn't get back to a proper sleep so
I got up, tidied up the kitchen, did the dishes and
made myself a hearty bowl of porridge.

I started reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol.
I've read and really enjoyed
The Davinci Code
and
Angels & Demons.
His writing is full of suspense and really smart.
Hopefully I get through more of it tomorrow.

This afternoon I went into the kitchen for a Kahlua laced hot chocolate
and a snack but our cupboards are a bit bare, so I made some
oatmeal raisin cookies.
They are, I must say, the absolute BEST cookies
I have ever made. EVER. Even Adam agrees.

 Frothy goodness.

Seriously yummy.

Tumblr
I have started taking more photos now that I'm more comfortable
with my new camera.  Rather than post too many photos on my blog,
I've opened a Tumblr account.
I drew a camera (see right) that links to my account.
Click & enjoy.
I have a few photography projects in mind and this is where I'll post them,
with of course, many many Crockett photos.

No comments: