Wednesday, February 2, 2011

That Wasn't So Bad

I got my snow day.
I am glad that I did not have to commute in it as it most likely would have
added an hour each way to my already long rides.

Truth be told, it wasn't a very bad storm here in
my neighbourhood of Toronto.
Yes, the roads are slippery but people should drive accordingly.
Sadly, alot don't and that is what causes the majority of accidents.
Not all, the majority.

Let me say that I will NOT be crossing any roads
except at designated cross walks and only with a green
light once the cars have come to a full stop.

Here are views from my kitchen window today.
See. Not so bad.

 6:19am - Windy with a light snowfall.

 2:00pm - Very windy with a sideways heavy snowfall.

 4:45pm. Winds have eased, no longer snowing.


9:45pm. Started to snow again.
Still no salt trucks up or down Yonge Street.

Hopefully my commute tomorrow won't be too much longer than usual.
Just to be sure I'll leave home much earlier than normal.

It wasn't a snow day where kids could go out & enjoy it
tobogganing or building a snowman.
It was a day that alot of people avoided long delays,
unfortunate traffic situations and broken bones by
staying off the roads and safe in their homes.

Just as I was finishing up writing this, I heard the air popcorn maker on 
in the kitchen.  Adam making a late night snack.
The kernels had stopped popping and being the nosy nelly I am
I yelled out, " Add more kernels or turn it off."
Adam's response, "You shut up."
Then I heard him add more kernels  ;)

No comments: