Saturday, February 19, 2011

February Funk

I had a tough week this past week.
I continue to fight with fatigue.
This Family Day long weekend is just what I need to recharge.

Thursday night I fell asleep on the couch after watching

Last night I was fighting to stay awake at 7:30pm.
After a nice long chat with my Mom on the phone, I went
to bed & fell fast asleep. That was at about 9:30pm.

Mind you, I have been waking up super early the last 2 weeks.
I'd had so many delay issues with the TTC that I was arriving at work
sometimes 10-15 minutes late. I hate that. I really do.

I play the math/alarm clock trick on myself.
I set my alarm clock ahead by 17 or 32 or 27 minutes fast.
As I hate math, the last thing I want to do when I hear
WAH WAH WAH is try to figure out what the real time
is, so I just get up.

Last week, I'd taken Crockett out, had a shower, dressed, made my lunch,
checked the weather network and a few e-mails all before 5:30am.
Mental.

I tried to sleep in this morning, but I have an awful sensitivity to the light.
I literally have to pull the cover up over my head to cover my eyes.

We've lived in this apartment for 4 year now  I still can't figure out
what to do about curtains for our bedroom windows.


The middle window doesn't open.
The outer two open like doors.
They are pretty big at 53" top to bottom
and each frame is 28" wide.
We're on Yonge Street so along with wanting curtains that work for
both light & privacy, there is also noise.
I want to be able to also have an open window.
My cheap bamboo blinds attached to each frame were
supposed to be a short term thing.
All the windows in our apartment are like this, it's just the bedroom
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out.

Fatigue and inconsistent sleep has contributed to my February Funk.
It is just that time of year that, as much as I like the winter,
I look forward to the Spring.
There is a lack of color.
No more Christmas Lights.
Everything is grey.

Plus I feel very Sloth-like and sedentary.
I need to get myself moving.
My boss has a personal trainer that goes to her
home Tuesdays & Thursdays for an hour.
I think that's awesome.
She says it tough & that she sweats.
I need that. I need to sweat. I need to have sore
muscles from more than just sitting crooked!

Hopefully this cold spell we've been having will be over soon
and I can get outside to walk more.
I'm so NOT complaining.
This has been a great winter.
Yes, it's been bitterly windy cold, but there's been
clean streets and dry sidewalks more often than not.
I won't even go into the flash freeze we had
Thursday morning. Let's just say it was the worst ice
I've seen my whole life & I just thank the Ice Gods
that I didn't fall & break something.

Today's walk in the park with Crockett was nice.
It was lasted a bit longer than the past few weeks.
It was Apollo vs. Aeolus today.
It was also lightly snowing.
It was a nice day.




I've also posted some other photos from today's walk over on my Tumblr page.

I'm going to go cuddle on the couch with my Adam & watch
the movie " Michael Clayton ".
A little George Clooney is a good thing ;)

No comments: