Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ten On Wednesday

Here are 10 of my favorite childhood reads, in no particular order.

1. Three Billy Goats Gruff - Norwegian Fairy Tale
I remember the Troll under the bridge. Things nightmares were made from.

2. Thumbelina - Hans Christian Andersen
I had an oversize hardcover book & Thumbelina was drawn with huge eyes.

3. Rapunzel - The Brothers Grimm
I had the Disney Read Along Book. With the 45rpm record. Where you turn the page when Tinkerbell rings her little bell, like this...ring ring ring.

4. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - Dr. Seuss
Love it to this day!


5. Are You My Mother? - P.D Eastman
Being an adopted kid, this topic held my fascination.


6. Curious George Goes to the Hospital - Margret & H.A. Rey
He ate the puzzle piece & had to have an x-ray. Classic!
My Mom gave me the Complete Adventures of Curious George a few years ago for Christmas.  I still have my stuffed Curious George I got when I was a kid. 


7. Are You There God It's Me Margaret - Judy Blume
Standard preteen rite of passage.

8. Peter Pan - J.M Barrie
Remains one of my all time favorite stories.

9. Archie Comics
I always preferred Betty. Even as a young girl I didn't like Veronica. Funny.
I think it's great that my niece likes reading Archie Comics today. Timeless.

10. Little Golden Books
Who didn't LOVE Little Golden Books. I had a few that were all classic fairy tales. I still have them in a box. Books are one of the few things I kept from my childhood.

No comments: