Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Got My Zzzzzz's

I went to bed fairly early last night.
Adam put Hope Floats in the DVD player for
me and I was out before Birdie made it back to Smithville.

On weekends especially, with our bedroom window facing the
street, I hear too many noises that spook me.
When people walk by & talk when it is quiet out, it
sometimes sounds like they are in my room standing next to me.
DVDs are a good way to trick my brain that everything is ok
and I can fall asleep peacefully.

Crockett was up bright and early this morning at 7am and he did that
thing where he stands right next to the bed and I can feel his stare.
As soon as I open my eyes and we've made eye contact, he spins in
place and goes a bit mental.
This means
A: He needs water in his bowl
B: He's hungry & wants his breakfast
C: He wants to go outside & do his business
Today, it was all 3.

I got up & went right to the kitchen to prepare his meal.
While he was eating I splashed cold water on my face so I could
face the outside world & take him for a tinkle.

As soon as we were back inside, I was back in bed.
I had a headache but one I thought more sleep would alleviate.
I woke up again around 11am and I had a full on
headache as well as a grumbling belly. I was hungry.
I took 2 Excedrin and made scrambled eggs.

My headache was right in my eyes & watching TV hurt as I was very light sensitive.
I turned it off & sat there in the living room with the curtains drawn.
Took 2 more Excedrin.

I woke up on the couch at 7:00pm.
At least my headache was gone.
Now there was just the sense of dread and waste to deal with.

I hate sleeping the weekends away.
I know I needed it and my body feels better, but still.
From Monday - Friday I spend 40 hours at work and 17 to 20 hours
on the bus/subway on my way to and from work.
The weekends are all I have.
This weekend I accomplished absolutely nothing.
I hate that.

Adam was able to sit in his man cave all day in
his underwear on his forum without me nagging him.
At least one of us had a good day.

No comments: