Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Tried. I Really Tried.

I so wanted to finish reading Stieg Larsson's
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
I tried.
I really did.
I just cannot get into it.

I got stuck on page 27.
I must've read page 27 20 times.
Here it is:


There are a few things I've had issue with.

An odd spelling of the word jaol instead of jail.
Main characters last name is Blomkvist.
Every time I read it, I have to sound it out:
Blom - k - vist
It does not roll smoothly in my brain and pulls me out of the story.

After page 27, there are about 4 more pages of AIA, Govt this,
Govt that, speculation firms, blah blah blah.
I just had to close it and sigh.

I will most likely enjoy the film very much.
I love the Bourne films but I don't think I'd enjoy
reading the novels by Robert Ludlum.

So, I have given up.
I can only try so many times before I completely shut down.

Today I grabbed from my bookshelf a book I bought on
sale a while back & have yet to read.
If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern.
She also wrote P.S. I Love You, which I really enjoyed.
Bus fluff.
Easy reading on the way home after a hard day.


No comments: