Thursday, August 25, 2011

Praying Mantis

I was in Finch Station this afternoon on my way home walking from the bus
to the subway.  My left hand brushed up against something on my left hip.
I grabbed it, looked at it, screamed & dropped it right on the floor.
It was this critter who was half the length of my hand.

I'd never seen one up close & personal before.
A Praying Mantis.
It almost looked like a twig.
Where the heck did it come from & how long had it been attached to me.
I will say, that ever since I have had the creepy crawly itches.
You know, after you brush an ant or bug off yourself, you are extra sensitive
and itchy for the rest of the day.

The last place it needed to be was on the floor in a subway station so I went into
my bag, grabbed a piece of paper, caught it & brought it home
to release back into nature.

I had to watch it for a few minutes first.
Very graceful.
Very inquisitive.
Very creepy.
Easy to see why so many creatures from scary films
have been inspired by this little critter.






I posted another shot as my Project 365 photo of the day.

No comments: