Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Politics - Sorry.

Today was the Toronto Mayoral Inauguration of Rob Ford
and the beginning of, what is sure to be, many more sad,
embarrassing days ahead over the next 4 years for the
City of Toronto.

I will be 100% open and honest.
I do not support Rob Ford.
I did not vote for Rob Ford.
I was disappointed when he won.
Remember? It's all here.

I live in mid-uptown Toronto.
A few years back, Toronto and a few
surrounding cities/suburbs amalgamated and became
one big city - the GTA - Greater Toronto Area.

The vote breakdown shows that the pre-amalgamation
suburbs voted for Ford where the
pre-amalgamation city of Toronto voted for Smitherman.


2010 Toronto Mayoral Election Breakdown.
Source.

Today, Rob Ford invited Don Cherry to introduce him as Mayor to council.
Yes, that Don Cherry.
The Don Cherry that is, more often than not, socially inappropriate.
Sometimes amusing for short spurts during a hockey game, sometimes.

When I saw the clip on the news of Don Cherry
saying, "And put that in your pipe, you left-wing kooks."
I was angry. I wanted the whole story. Not just a sound bite.

Very divisive. Bullying almost.
Pinkos?
Left-Wing Kooks?

Ugh.

No comments: