Sunday, December 19, 2010

It Could've Ended Badly.

My birthday is October 26th, 1968.
I am adopted.
The day I was picked up and taken to my new home was December 19th, 1968.
Today could have been my last day on Earth.

My Mom & I spent the day together shopping and went to Canyon Creek for lunch.
I am allergic to nuts. Peanuts and Almonds I have no problem with.
Walnuts will kill me. I've never had a Hazelnut, Brazil Nut or Pecan.
Until today.

We ordered 1 piece of Cheesecake to share for dessert.
Cheesecake is always a nut safe choice.
I put one fork full in my mouth & knew something was wrong.
I have NEVER before even heard of cheesecake with a pecan crust.
What the f#*k.

Luckily I reacted fast, spat it out & only after a few moments
of itchy uncomfort & a little inner panic, all was ok.

Then we went to Chapters, bought a few Christmas gifts,
I had a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
and that was that.

When I got to the station to come home tonight, the GO train
was cancelled due to a pedestrian fatality
along the track somewhere between Mississauga & Toronto.
I don't get it. Don't walk near train tracks people!


My Mom today at Square One.

No comments: