Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

 Tonight, we are both exhausted and just lazing about.
We had tentative plans of having our friend Bill come over
 but his visit has been postponed.
We didn't discuss alternate plans if we'd go out or not, we are both homebodies. 
Spending time at home together is Heaven.

Although, I have always wanted to go to a New Years Eve gala like
the one in the movie When Harry Met Sally.
Wear an evening gown, have a multiple course meal in
a large banquet hall filled with twinkle lights. Dance to a Lawrence Welk-ish band.
Run out onto the balcony on the strike of midnight for the perfect kiss.
Very Disney actually, all that is missing is the tiara.
I do have my Prince and I will get the perfect midnight kiss
and the Happily Ever After.

As I sit here, with a Big Bang Theory DVD on, both Adam & Crockett are
laying down behind me falling in and out of sleep between
the live audience laughter.


Looking back over 2010, it wasn't a bad year but it also wasn't a great year.
It was up, down, happy, sad, stressful and what I will most likely
refer to when looking back as the  "Year of the Tension Headache".

I started this blog back in August for a few reasons.

 I felt as though I was losing my ability to write.
In my job, I primarily communicate via e-mail to my counterparts working
in factories in China.  My writing has had to become very basic,
clear, straightforward, and the fewer words the better.

Time seemed to be going by so fast & it started to feel like Groundhog Day. 
The same day over & over & over.  I needed somewhere
to write down what was happening so that I could review it when I wasn't so in it.

I live a very small life. By small I mean close to home.
When I'm not at work I am most likely within a 5km radius of where we live.
Since I no longer have a vehicle, I don't get out to
Mississauga to see my parents as much as I'd like.
Sure we talk on the phone everyday, but sometimes it just about what's
troubling us or the important news of the day.

I don't have a huge social circle.
I have a few very close friends that live far away and a few very close friends
that live nearby and I don't see either group as much as I should.

I wanted to find  a way to share my life with the people I care about
so they can see that, although times are tough, I am really lucky and blessed.
That I realize I am lucky and blessed and that I am grateful.
I have a husband who loves me, who makes me laugh, who I have fun with.
I have a dog that is adorable who gets me outside walking, breathing fresh air
and discovering the parks and green spaces in my neighbourhood.
I have a camera that has made me really stop and look at the details.

About that dog....he is now sprawled out on the middle of our bed
snoring, dreaming, feet twitching and completely relaxed.


The clock is about to strike twelve so I must shut off this computer
and go get that kiss from my Prince Charming.

Happy New Year to All!

Love,
Joanne

No comments: