Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's A Beautiful Day


I am incredibly happy.
To understand why, I must go back more than a year.
This story starts with me being ever so upset.

One morning on my way out of the loo, I noticed that my diamond
had fallen out of my engagement ring.
I was beyond devastated.
It was 6:00am and I had to go to work when all I wanted to do was
cry, feel sorry for myself and hopefully find my diamond.

My ring is not the Hope Diamond but it is mine.
My most cherished possession.
Adam designed it and it is the perfect ring for me.
Had he taken me ring shopping, it would've been the ring I'd have picked.

I knew that it was somewhere between our bed & the bathroom
as it was fine when I went to sleep the night before.

When I got home from work we were down on hands and knees
in a grid pattern searching and searching.
No luck.

With Adam not working, any hope or thought of replacement
quickly left my mind.  It was something we'd fix "someday".
Maybe something nice for our 10th Anniversary.

8 months later, Adam was in the hall in front of the
bathroom and he said, " I found your diamond!"
I didn't believe him. Up to me he walked, his hand in a fist
and dropped my small square sparkly diamond in my hand.

AMAZING!

He said the light had reflected off something and caught his eye.
These are our floor boards:

It was down in between 2 floor boards.

My dear darling husband has been saving his galleons
and he went back to the Jeweller that made my ring & had it fixed
for me for Christmas.
He gave it to me this evening on bended knee.
It's a beautiful day.

As it is white gold, it is not as strong as yellow gold or platinum.
So, I must be mindful.
Before, I never took it off.
Now, it'll have to have a little place of its own
for safekeeping whilst I sleep and bathe.

Thank you Adam.
I love you.
Forever and always.



My ring!

No comments: