Saturday, December 11, 2010

Great Couple of Days

The last couple of days have been really great.
On Thursday night I went to bed early and got
 a full 8 hours sleep.
Friday, I woke up without a headache & felt refreshed.

Work continues to be busy (again, NOT complaining)
and the busier it is the faster time passes.

My mood continues to be festive, I'm so looking forward
to Christmas and life is pretty great.

We both woke up early today to get the groceries done early before the crowds.
Too late, Loblaws was super busy. We were home by 11am.
I bought the Red Velvet Cheesecake I've been wanting to try.

My Father In Law came over this afternoon, we had
Chinese food and he came bearing gifts.
Very meaningful gifts.

Adam's Mother passed away in 1991. 
Sadly I never met her, although through Adam, I feel as though I know her.
Adam talks about her all the time, about the kind of Mother she was,
the kind of lady she was.
He has this photograph of her in his office.

In her kitchen, smiling.

One of the gifts my Father In Law gave me was a set of vintage
Cook Books that he bought for Adam's Mother.
They have her name inscribed on the front covers.
The Gourmet Cookbook Vol I & II
Gourmet's Menu Cookbook
Gourmet's Old Vienna Cookbook
and
Gourmet's Basic French Cookbook

They have just increased the value of my bookshelf to priceless.


Source for both photographs.

Adam and I will spend days going through them.
We have decided that once a month, inspired by Julie & Julia, we
will have a lovely sit down dinner with recipes taken from
or inspired by these books.

There are 47 pages in the Basic French Cookbook
dedicated to
PAINS, PÂTISSERIES ET GÂTEAUX.
Translated - Breads, Pastries & Cakes.
I just can't wait to try some of these!

Here are 2 more Ornaments.
I like Snowmen.

No comments: