Monday, December 13, 2010

Dog Boots

When I take Crockett for a walk on salty Toronto
sidewalks, passersby must think I'm heartless
and that I am torturing my dog.
The salt makes him walk as though he's walking on fire or broken glass.

I've spent the last hour online browsing Dog Boutique catalogues
and reading message boards on http://www.pugalug.com/
to find the best boots to buy for Crockett.

I want them to work. I don't want them to be pretty.
I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever
be the type of person who dresses their pet for fashion.

Coats are critical on really cold days for short haired or small dogs.
You try going outside in freezing weather in your
warm pyjamas to tinkle on snow.

Dog boots have become critical based on the amount
of salt that was dropped on the sidewalks after this,
our first real storm of the season.

I'm hoping I can get him something like these.
I fear the price tag.


Source
I'll definitely post some photos of Crockett modelling his
new booties.


Today's Christmas Joy


We purchased this paw ornament during our Honeymoon
from the store Just Christmas
in Niagara On The Lake

No comments: