Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Looooong Commute Home


I hope all the people involved survive.
This happened about 5 minutes from my office at 3:30pm this afternoon.
It is on my route home.

Let's just say I did not have a good communte home tonight.
Nor did alot of other people but at least I got home safe.

I see it everyday as I wait for the bus, people are driving
and just not paying attention.
Don't they realize their lives and the lives of innocent
people can be forever changed in the blink of an eye.

The cell phone ban hasn't stopped people from talking & driving.
I see alot of people who don't wear ear pieces
holding their phones in their hand while talking on speaker phone.
Is ANY text or phone call so important that you can't
wait until you can pull over somewhere safely.

About 18 months ago, an elderly man was run over by a small
truck at the intersection of Finch & Weston Road.
I was a passenger in a car behind the truck.
The old man was pinned under the axel.
He later died in hospital.
Awful.

Be careful.

No comments: