Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Moment of Irresponsibility

This evening, we have succumbed to our craving and have
thrown responsibility out the window!

We are going nuts and throwing $40 of our weekly grocery
budget to get Chinese Take Out.

Growing up we'd order take out from Chow's on Dorval Avenue.
Dinner for One #4 with 3 extra Egg Rolls.
It was $17 and it fed our family of 4 perfectly.
I haven't found a decent Egg Roll since moving to Ontario,
but also had never had a Spring Roll while I lived in Quebec.

$40 probably doesn't sound like much.
Alot of folks drop that kind of money on dinner
more than 3 times a week without thinking about it.
We used to be that way. A long time ago. Not anymore.
Now that we are a one income family, we have a budget.
I work really hard and if once in a blue moon I  need
a treat, then so be it, I deserve it!

Sometimes those Mandarin Spring Rolls just call my name
and there is nothing else I can eat that satisfies.
I have tried some of the frozen Asian dishes from the Supermarket.
They're ok but just not the same and they sometimes are too salty.
Plus, it is cheaper to have it delivered than it is is to go to the restaurant.

Now the fun part is trying to decide what to have with my Spring Roll!!

Hopefully we get good fortunes in our cookies tonight!

Fortune Cookies -  photo from The Mandarin Take Out Menu.


No comments: