Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

I married a serious night-owl.
We used to live in a 2 level apartment above a bakery on Queen Street.
The upper level was just one really large bedroom and our bathroom.
Adam had his desk in the bedroom and I would fall asleep every night
to the glow of the computer screen and the clackity clack of the keyboard.
Adam also loves his music and would wear headphones, but I could still hear the music,
the squeak of the chair as he'd chair dance and the sound of his drum
sticks in his hands as he'd play air drums.

We now live in a wonderfully spacious 2 bedroom apartment where the
second bedroom - actually the larger of the two - has become
Here he spends hours debating (arguing) with strangers and friends online,
working on his film, writing movie reviews, watching trailers,
shooting gangsters, e-mailing and full on rocking out.

What this means is that I go to bed on my own pretty much every night.
I need a movie on in the back ground sometimes depending on how
tired I am to block out the noise on the street.
I get creeped out by noises too easily.

I tend to lay on Adam's side of the bed as he has one of those really
good pillows. The kind that fit in the nook of your neck and cradle your head.

When he comes to bed he gently gives me a nudge, I roll over and that's that.
Last night, I rolled right off the bed.

Where I landed on the floor.

I guess I was in the middle or just not paying enough attention.
I kept rolling and BOOM landed on the floor.
I remember being very confused and my elbow and wrist were sore.
I don't remember getting back in bed I just remember saying, " Ow...ow.....owww."

Adam gave my arm a bit of a rub and then, I remember this well,
he said, "It's just a dream."
Very sweet, but dreams don't hurt.

When I got home from work today it was the first thing we spoke
about and we both had a good laugh.
No bruises, no aches, I'm all good.

And yes, that is a Harry Potter blanket on my bed.
What you can't see is Adam's Star Wars pillow case.
I am a nerd who is beyond excited that I'm going to see
a new Harry Potter film this weekend!

No comments: