Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Hat

I married a man who is completely confident in his man-ness
and self and has no problem walking around the apartment naked.

He married a woman who is the exact opposite.
I've never been the naked type.
I can't even sleep naked. What if there's a fire?
A burglar? What if I sleep walk?
I can do the shower/bathroom to the bedroom dash,
but that really is about it.

I also married a man who makes me laugh.
He's always funny, but he is most witty early in the morning.
Even more so when he's still half asleep.
I need to be alert at 6am as to not miss his comedic gems.
I write the really good ones in a notebook I have on my desk.

The weather has cooled down quite a bit here in the last few days.
Along with my scarf, I now need a hat and gloves,
particularly when I'm standing outside waiting for
Crockett to do his business.

Last year, I bought this hat, being modeled by our lovely lady.


I no longer worry about what the effect of wearing a hat
will have on my hair. I just want to be warm.

It was around 3:00pm on Sunday and
I was sitting here at my desk on the computer.
 Crockett was cuddled up asleep behind me on the bed and Adam
was in his fortress of solitude on his computer or so I thought.

As I heard the floor boards creak, I turned around to see
him walk in the room wearing nothing but a big grin and my hat.

It was one of those moments where I was taken aback to where the only thing
I could think to do was stare and laugh.
I stood up, gave him a hug, a kiss and told him how much I love him.
 We then shared a good deep belly laugh.

He turned around, walked out like it was New York Fashion Week,
did a cute butt flex and we each went back to what we were doing
pre-naked time.
It's moments like these that I LOVE about being married.

No comments: