Saturday, November 6, 2010

Headache

I woke this morning with a headache.
One that after 2 doses of pain medication hasn't subsided.

I suffer with Bruxism.
I clench my jaw unconsciously during the day
and grind my teeth at night.
I wear a dead sexy mouth guard when I sleep but it doesn't make it not grind,
it just protects my teeth from further damage.
My future holds some pretty extensive dental work no doubt.

Sometimes the guard makes the pain worse as it places my jaw
 in an unnatural position so when it grinds....just.....owwww.
My fear, along with grinding my teeth so that they fit together like
pieces of a puzzle, is that I will ultimately get Arthritis in my jaw.

The headaches I suffer with are similar to tension and sinus headaches
but the pain feels like it's deep in my skeleton, in my bones and
my face and head just ache.
Sometimes it makes me nauseous, dizzy and sensitive to light.
Today, it's just throbbing ache.

Here's a visual aid:



I am going to go sit on the couch & bury my head in a pillow with the
occasional hot face cloth application and
wait this thing out.

No comments: