Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Day In Photos and a 9pm Update

It was a cool, crisp, sunny and windy day today.
If the rest of the winter stays like this...who am I kidding.
Here is our day in photos.
We had another light snow overnight. It's the wet stairs that
frighten me.  You can't tell what's water and what's ice.
I take at least 2 tumbles a season on the ice.

It was so windy you could hear the flag flapping.

I got Crockett mid-scratch after a tinkle. I let him do this as
it's the only way his nails get filed. He's too squirmy for me to do them.

A Pug and his shadow.

With the leaves off the trees we can again see our building
from the park entrance.

Our after supper walk in the Parkette across the street.
Don't worry honey, at night I don't go past the first lamp post.

The building across the street has put up their twinkle lights.
One small candle with the lights gives our bedroom
a great cozy Christmas glow.
Another perfect day that I am grateful for.

Update 9:00pm

Too funny.
I spoke to my Mom on the phone this morning for about a half hour.
We just chit chatted about nothing in particular.
Earlier I asked Adam to pick a movie for me &
I was watching Interview With The Vampire in my room enjoying
the candle light & the twinkle lights.
I was almost asleep when Adam advised my parents
had called & left a message.
I asked him to play it. I didn't get to the mute button fast enough
and I could hear my Mom's voice but not clearly.
Then Adam said, " Oh ya, Happy Anniversary Honey"

We both forgot.

I called my Mom back, thanked her for the call
and told her our funny predicament.

I admit, I am AWFUL with dates.
Also I don't think I'm a typical girl when it comes
to things like Birthdays & Valentines Day.

It also has to do with the fact I think, that I have a husband
who tells me every day that he loves me.
I am lucky girl & I know it.
As Adam says, " You won." I did.
I am lucky in that I don't need a special day on a
calendar to know I am loved.

6 years today.
It feels like it was yesterday and at the same time
it feels like it was forever ago.

Happy Anniversary Adam.
I love you.
I love you.
I love you.

No comments: