Friday, June 3, 2011

Almost Back to Normal

It truly was an eye opener having computer issues
this past week. It made me feel very unsettled.
A little paranoid even.

The heat and smog on Tuesday didn't help much.
I had an appointment in the afternoon and had to do a fair
amount of walking. It was truly awful.
By the time I got home I felt like I'd jumped
into a pool of hot sweaty stink.
The odors on the bus that day still linger
like nightmares in my memory.

A super-duper sized lady, with not enough clothes to cover herself
 got on the bus and spent the time it
took to go 3 stops, pissing and moaning about the heat,
flapping her make shift fan & kissing the back of her teeth.
I got off the bus & waited for the next one.
I was in luck, it was half empty & so air conditioned
I needed to put my hoodie on.

Wednesday's weather was PERFECT.
It was sunny, not at all humid and really really windy.
I love when it's windy.
I like it when my hair blows in all directions.

I say almost back to normal, cause I'm just not quite there.
I have leaf and tree allergies that really only have caused
me slight issues and normally only in the Fall.
This week, I think it's something new.
I have the watery eyes, itchy throat and dry cough
to where you swear you're going to puke.
I woke up Thursday morning with a voice like Rita Crosby
or the current old Kathleen Turner.
I felt great, I just sounded awful.

There is a small hedge that runs in front of our bedroom and
kitchen windows.  In years past, it has been tended
to and trimmed down. This year, it's gone wild.
It grows more and more every day and now it is in full bloom.
We slept with the window open and I think these
hedges and their flowers are the reason for my voice.

These photos were taken looking out my kitchen window:


Looking to the right

Looking straight out the window

Looking to the left

Looking to the far left - to our bedroom windows.
Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful and we are
liking the added feel of privacy, but my word!
We can hardly even see the street!

No comments: