Monday, June 27, 2011

Vandalism vs. Art

I like art.
I believe some graffiti is art.
In Toronto, we have Graffiti Alley.
There is also some wonderful art on the back of buildings that
can only be seen when you travel on the subway or GO Train.

Sadly, the graffiti that occurs across the street from my apartment
is classified as vandalism or officially as tagging.
It's done by kids with nothing better to do and no artistic talent.

Prior to the recently elected Toronto Mayor, who I think is a goof,
graffiti across the street on the staircase would be covered within 24hrs.
Our new Mayor, who I think is a goof, gives the impression that
the removal of tagging is a waste of money.
Did I mention I think the Mayor of Toronto is a goof?



This is the tagging across the street. An eyesore.


On the left, tagging.
On the right, art.


Here is the genius that is Banksy.
I think he's amazing.




No comments: