Saturday, June 11, 2011

There Was a Banjo Band!




I woke up this morning with a sore back and I was very very tired.
I decided to not go to see HP III for fear that I'd be
uncomfortable & most likely fall asleep.

I decided instead, due to the perfect Pug walking weather
to take Crockett for a nice long walk. 
To make it even better, Adam joined us!


Storm damage.

I had forgotten that today was Village Day so
it was an even nicer walk.

There were so many people out walking with their kids, faces painted
eating Cotton Candy and dogs with their noses up in the air smelling all the hot dogs
& hamburgers on the grills of multiple BBQs
I had to stop & listen to the Toronto Banjo Band.
So Cute.
White pants, red shirts, white hair.
The 1st song they played - in the clip above I posted on YouTube -
is the first song I learned to play on the Ukulele in grade 6.
It was also great to see the kids going nuts in the
bouncy castle behind the band.
They look like so much fun.

Adam left me to continue up the street to do some groceries
and I, being right there, had to stop in for a Caramel Machiatto at Starbucks.

Coffee Heaven
I tied Crockett up again, but this time he had a buddy to wait with.
I stood there for a few minutes to make sure they could be tied
up so close together.
They were both so easy going they didn't care.
They also had the eyes glued to the window watching
for their Mommies to come back out of the coffee shop.




By the time we were getting close to home, Crockett
had enough.  He had a great walk and he was ready
to come in, lay down on his pillow bed and
sleep the afternoon away.



To make up for not seeing Azkaban today at the theater, I'm
going to throw it in the DVD player tonight.

No comments: