Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome Summer...Sort Of

While tidying up the storage locker last weekend, I repacked
all our Christmas Ornaments.
I also saw a photo on Facebook that a friend had commented on that
was a shot of a snowman on a wintery front lawn.
I will admit, I wished it was December.

Fall will always be my favorite season, always, but Winter,
especially like the one that just passed is my new #2,
with Spring as #3 and Summer as #4.

I love summer weekends, not summer weekdays.
I hope this summer I can swim in a lake & sit around a fire.

During the week, I commute on a hot bus, then work in a cold office,
then get back on a hot bus.
We don't have the Air Conditioner in the window for a few reasons:
1. The windows are too big & I need to make a proper frame.
(We can't be the White Trash AC Window - you know, the kind with cardboard in it! )
2. We pay for our Electricity & I think it's too crazy expensive.
3. I like fresh air, not A/C Air

My folks bought us a new fan since our kick-ass awesome one died last summer from over use.
It's interesting. It has a timer. I like that.
Enough to cool down the room to get to sleep without having to run all night.
Thank you Ma & Pa.

Fan and Pug


We have been very lucky with the weather so far this month,
except for the few hours of the crazy storm.

I will enjoy the Summer because, it's almost July 1st and
before we know it, it'll be over.
The really scary thing is, I can remember like it was yesterday, the summers of my youth.
Like Pete Schweddy said to the ladies of The Delicious Dish,
"Good times."

No comments: