Monday, July 18, 2011

Really?

It's as hot as stink today.
Everyone is walking, talking and thinking slower.

This morning, by the time I got out of the shower & got dressed, I was a hot mess.
Traveling to work on a hot city bus with A/C on but all the windows open,
I arrived at work looking like a hot mess.
Leaving work and waiting for a bus in the hot muggy crap outside, by the
time I got on the bus, I looked like a hot mess.
Walking from the bus stop to my front door completely soaked my back.
Eeeewwww disgusting.  Hot mess.

The second I got home, I put Crockett in the tub & splashed some cool water on his belly.
I then got in & enjoyed a tepid shower.
An hour later as Adam & I ate our salad and corn on the cob,
buttery hot mess.
At 9:30pm when I took Crockett out hoping it'd cooled down a bit...I was wrong.
I came back in, brow dripping, again, eeewwww... hot mess.
Jumped back in the shower.

9:45pm on the phone with Mom pissing & moaning about the heat.
Decide, (pardon my french) fuck it, lets put the A/C unit in the bedroom window.
I need to sleep & I can't leave home in the morning a hot mess.
It just sets me up for a bad day.

Here is the thing about our A/C unit; it is standard size.
Our window is oversize.
Until I can fix it up properly, we are certified 100% WHITE TRASH
with a garbage bag up at our window.

Truth is, I don't care. Right now anyway.
Tomorrow I will be mortified.
All I can hear in my head is that actor from Grace Under Fire when she played
Earl's mother and said repeatedly in a thick southern drawl, " Don't you judge me."

Can y'all hear the dueling banjo's rattling around my head?
Crockett is asleep and breathing normally and I sit here
typing, not looking like a hot mess, but rather a comfortable
gal in her jammies ready for a good night's sleep.

I'll take a photo & post it after I've figured out how to fix it!
 Actually,  looking at the above photo, I think I did a pretty good job!
I think the yellow duct tape is a nice touch along with the paper clips ;)
I am a resourceful girl, I'll give myself that!

No comments: