Friday, March 18, 2011

New Favorite Things

I love Oatmeal and Porridge.
They are 2 different things to me.
Oatmeal is what I eat for breakfast with a bit of brown sugar.
Porridge is a late night snack with milk and brown sugar.

I've never been a big fan of instant Oatmeal that you
add 1/2 cup of boiling water in a mug.
I don't like the added chemical-y flavours.

Tim Horton's have had an Oatmeal on their menu for a short while
and it truly is fantastic. They have 2 selections;
Maple
Mixed Berry
I like the Maple.
So much so that I've had it for breakfast everyday Monday-Friday
since the beginning of December.

I've tried a few different brands the last little while to find one,
other than Old Mill/Robin Hood, that I like.

There are 2 that I like that are completely different from each other.

1. McCann's Quick Cooking Irish Oats


It says to cook for 1 minute then let sit. I prefer to
cook it for about 3 minutes and then let sit.
Excellent texture, full taste.

2. Blue Menu Steel Cut Oats


Completely different taste.
This is a true stand in front of the oven and stir
non-stop for 10 minutes.
This makes fantastic thick porridge.

I could seriously eat either of these every day.
Comfort food AND good for me :)

No comments: