Friday, March 11, 2011

My Heart is Breaking for Japan

I almost fear turning on the TV or clicking on my Homepage.
They are all displaying photos and videos of
DEVASTATION.

So many areas hit with Natural Disasters.
Haiti.
Pakistan.
New Zealand.
China's Yunan Province.
Now, Japan.

The people of Japan have been hit so hard by
Mother Nature.

I can't begin to imagine the feeling of such fear and loss.
People buried alive under rubble.
People washed away by the strong current.
Houses gone.
Buildings on fire.
I feel sick about it.

The World is a scary place and again this evening
I get to thank my lucky stars that I was born where I was born.
I sit here warm, comfortable and fed.
I know that my loved ones are safe and together and will
be putting their heads down tonight in their own beds
on their own pillows.

What these events have me thinking about is my own
Disaster Preparedness.
Do I, we, my family and loved ones have a plan?
An evacuation plan?
Supplies?
Communication plan?
Not a good enough one.
Time to start planning.

Not crazy Mayan End of the World 2012 planning, but
basic necessities to survive if there is no food, water, electricity or ATM's.
If I find any good sites that don't participate in fear mongering, I'll post links.

Give those you love an extra tight hug tonight.


No comments: