Monday, October 3, 2011

Apples

It's apple picking time.
I love going to the orchards & reaching up to the branches
to select the perfect apple.
My favourite are Spartan and Russets.
I don't normally like MacIntosh, but right off the tree,
they're like butter.

We don't have a car so I looked online with the transit systems
available and one farm, up in Uxbridge would take me
2 hours & 34 minutes one way.
To drive it, 32 minutes.
That really pisses me off.

There is another one in North Brampton,
that we usually go to.
I'll have to check out my transit time on that one.

My only other option, if we don't get up to the Orchards will be
I'm sure they'll have some fresh local apples
and it's only a 20 minute subway ride.

Homemade Apple Sauce is calling me.
Big Chunks of tasty apple with cinnamon.
I'm hungry.

No comments: