Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Spring Morning

I was overjoyed to see the bright sky when I woke up this morning.
I don't think I could've taken another grey dull rainy day.

Unfortunately, I gave Crockett a bit too tight of a hug this morning
and he gave a little "ow" sound.  This of course is like getting
stabbed in the heart with a dagger.
His tail straightened and he's been avoiding eye contact.
He was happy when I said "Walkies" but then I had
to chase him around the apartment to get his leash on.

Crockett is a Pug. When he's happy, his tail is curled.
When he has a sore back, it is straight.
His tail is the beacon of my happiness.

He enjoyed the walk, but was a little slower than usual and he spent
the majority of the time with his nose to the ground taking in
all the new fresh spring aromas.


 Straight Pug Tail.

 Is it wrong of me to say that I am disappointed that
they selected to plant this entire bed of Tulips in a very
dull dark purple color.
I was hoping for something brighter.

 Toad stools always make me think of Peter Pan.

 The park was full of people this morning.
I'm sure this afternoon it'll be filled with Brides, Grooms,
wedding parties and photographers.


 I don't know what the name of this plant is but I love it.
It looks like rubber and feels like velvet.
It also looks like something that should be underwater or in an aquarium.
If you click on the photo to make it bigger, you can see
small droplets of water trapped in the leaves.


 Enjoying the Sun.

 I took this with the zoom lens.
He did look at me!
He is too cute.

A close up tree bud.

No comments: