Monday, May 23, 2011

Get Off My Lawn You Hooligans!

My Mother called me this morning at 10:00am.
I wasn't asleep, I was just in bed with my eyes closed.
My plan was to get up bright and early but the
Hooligans last night at 1:00am with the fireworks
and firecrackers in the street and resulting lack of sleep
derailed my good intentions.

I really am an old fuddy-duddy.
Where I grew up, we would go down to the lake
where the City would put on a fireworks display.
That is how it is meant to be.
I don't understand kids shooting these things off in the street.
Especially at 1:00am.
I don't think they are at all celebrating Queen Victoria
or Queen Elizabeth's birthdays.
In fact, if asked, sadly, I would wager that they don't
even know what the Holiday today represents.

Here is how the fireworks and smoke bombs made
the street look last night.
I actually had to close our windows for a bit as it did smell
like something was burning.


My Mom told me to get outside before the rain, so
I took Crockett for a stroll.
It was perfect Pug Walking weather.


I am now inside trying to decide how to fill the rest of my day
so that I don't just end up sitting here in front of my laptop
reading blogs and wasting time.

The rain is about to begin.
The wind is swirling in all directions and there is
that pre-rain smell in the air.

Keep calm & carry on!
Happy Birthday Vicky & Lizzy!

No comments: