Friday, May 27, 2011

Pardon Me? Um, no!

During summer hours, I need to take a different
bus home as the one that passes in front of my office
only runs during rush hours.
The other bus stop is only a few blocks away.
Well, today, I got mistaken for, yes, a hooker!!!!

There I was, standing waiting for the bus, next to a pole that
clearly has a bus stop sign on it.
I was just standing there next to it.
I wasn't twirling around it, leaning on it, or kissing it.

An Indian man in a green Honda Civic slows up, stares as me,
stops in front of the bus stop, rolls down his window and asks me,
" Do you want to party?"
Shocked, I say, "Pardon me? Um, no!"

I had my camera out as I was taking photos of pine cones on the
trees near the bus stop & captured this great "wtf" reaction shot as he drove away!


 Reviewing my surroundings, I went across the street to take a photo of
where I was standing waiting for the bus.
Was there a hooker-on-duty sign?
What gave this man the idea I was a party girl?
It certainly wasn't my wardrobe.
Coral sweat shirt, navy blue t-shirt, jeans & sneakers
and no make up!

If I was a lady of the evening and this was my corner, it would be very
sad and I don't think I would be successful or at the top of the profession.
It's not a very happening corner, although, there must be
a bakery nearby because the air smelled like fresh baked
chocolate chip cookies!

The sad thing is, the factory behind the bus stop in this photo is 
Pasta Quistini where the the fiance of the owners daughter
was killed in April when he got pulled into a pasta machine.


 Here I waited for my chauffeur (bus).


 Looking to the left.


 Looking to the right.

See??  Not really a high traffic hooker friendly corner.
The funny thing was when I told Adam the story, he asked me if I was flattered.
Twice in one day, I had the same reaction, " Pardon me? Um, no!"


Here is a photo of the pine cone buds I was taking of the trees by the bus stop.
The tree was giving off a really strong pine scent.
With the pine scent & chocolate chip cookie smell in the air,
it reminded me of Christmas!

I finally got on my bus & met Adam to see another
Friday afternoon matinee.
We saw The Hangover Part II.
It was funny. Bradley Cooper didn't disappoint but they
really did give every funny thing away in the trailers.
I'd still advise folks, for 90 minutes of pure laughter & escapism,
it is a good film.

Check out my Project 365 shot for today.
The theater had a huge Thor display & I got
a great shot of Adam with Thor's Hammer!

No comments: