Thursday, August 19, 2010

Meat Eater to Pescetarian to Vegetarian

The transition is taking me longer than I'd anticipated.

Becoming a Vegetarian is something I have wanted & thought about for years.
It is for both health and compassion.
If I had to hunt or farm and kill my food, I couldn't do it.

After reading the book Skinny Bitch, I had a hard time with Milk for awhile, but
have realized that I could never be a full on Vegan. I need to have cheese,
yogurt & eggs, so the ultimate goal is to be a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian.


I am not a good enough cook to remove all proteins and not do myself harm.
I wouldn't get enough nutrients & would most likely get sick.
I also have issues with Nut allergies and have to find alternatives, so
the short term goal is to work towards being a Pescetarian while I learn as
much as I can about food choices and Vegetarian cooking.

No comments: