Sunday, August 22, 2010

Diet Coke Addiction

Our Drug of Choice


How much is too much Soda?  Some people (Mom) say 1 can is too much.
I started drinking Diet Coke back when I was 17 years old & went on a diet.
It truly was my replacement for all things yummy.
During a summer Lifeguarding, it was my primary food source.
In my 20's it became something I drank occasionally.
In my 30's I added Crystal Light to the mix. More aspartame...great!
I married a man who has a serious diet coke addiction.
The result is I drink it now more than ever because it's in the house.

Something happened this past weekend that was odd. 
We purchase the case of 12 cans.  Adam bought a case on Thursday and the 1st can he opened was flat. He took it back & got a replacement case. That case was flat.
2 more cases......still flat.  They all had the same batch #.
The store said they wouldn't be able to replace any more so, to be safe, since they were all the same batch #, we got Diet Pepsi.

I suggested to Adam that perhaps he was like a full on drug addict in that his fix wasn't enough. His hit lost its edge & he needs more. I think it's just a result of me watching A&E's Intervention (where are my babies??).

The disturbing thing for me is, although I like Diet Pepsi, today, I have missed my Diet Coke.
Hello, my name is Joanne and I'm a Diet Coke-aholic.

No comments: