Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stiff I Was


Last night after my hot bath & grilled cheese
sandwich I went to bed and fell fast asleep.

I woke up just before midnight & couldn't move.
My lower back seized up and I was stiff I was.

I took a few minutes of trying to figure out the
best way to move with the smallest amount of pain.
When I was finally standing, I wasn't close to being straight.
I was bent over like an 80 year old woman with a severe 
calcium deficiency and feared my boosies were going to drag on the floor.

I went to the loo and got stuck on it.
I leaned forward and climbed up the wall with my hands
to get myself up. It was brutal.
All the while, Adam was up at his computer with his
headphones on & didn't hear a thing.
I woke up again around 3am and
took 5 minutes to roll over to reposition myself.

When my alarm clock went off this morning I wasn't any better off.
Nor am I much better off now.

Adam has made me a nice hot cup of tea.
I am going to enjoy it and then get into bed, get
in a comfortable position & have him put the
heating pad on me and I will read until I fall asleep.