Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's Heeeeeere

My winter funk has arrived.
I was able to hold her off a bit longer this year
and was hoping she'd take a break, but, it's not to be.

I can understand that some people who have never suffered 
with depression or anxiety just don't get it.
People like to fix people.
I wish it were that simple.
Some people don't understand that there is a difference
between having a bad day, perhaps feeling a little blue
and clinical depression.

The way I cope with it is by hibernating.
If I had a choice, I would work 12 hour days
from April 1st to Oct 31st and from
Nov 1st to Mar 31st I would
not leave the house.
That would be optimal.

Imagine, as hard as you try or as hard as you
want it to not be this way, you have to deal with
more than one of these symptoms, daily;

Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed
Decreased energy, fatigue, or feeling “slowed down”
Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
Restlessness or irritability

I will get through anther funk.  
I will lose myself in lots of laughter 
and cuddling with Adam, family,
good books, films, art, nature, music, 
and of course, Pugs.

Marie Bracquemond - Melancholy