Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Morning

I woke up this morning at 7:30am & saw this out our bedroom window:


The sunrise shining on the buidling across the street made it look like GOLD.
I rushed out of bed to take Crockett for a lovely sunrise walk.
In my neighbourhood early in the morning I bump into dog walkers,
joggers and joggers with their dogs.
Happy people who are polite and wish each other "Good Morning"

By the time I got outside, clouds had started to take over.

Pretty sky above me


The grass in the park was wet & there were dew drops on all the flowers.


Crockett enjoyed his walk and had a run around with another dog.
It was a good start to my morning.

I've just asked Adam to check the Weather Network as the sky has darkened pretty fast.


Off my morning topic...
When I started this blog, I was no longer happy sitting on the couch with my
laptop on a TV Dinner table.  I needed my own space.

Adam has his office. It's a great space, for him.  The walls are painted
a yummy chocolate brown with white trim. It feels like a Starbucks Hot Chocolate.

He also hates when I use his computer. 
I always fear accidentally hitting a key & messing up all his settings. 
That would send him into a tizzy.

So, I created my own little nook.
I have always liked small spaces.
As a kid I had a great bedroom closet.
I'd take in my radio, a lamp & books and be content for hours.

I took the top off a crate I was about to put down in the storage locker,
added 2 Ikea table legs & brackets and voila - my own nook.
It's in the bedroom so it's private, it's cozy.

I had hooks on the walls already, so just attached the baskets to them. 
It was a fluke that it worked and that they were well spaced out & straight.
The one on the left is home to my current knitting project.
I just need a cork board, some photos on the wall and a prettier desk lamp to home it up.



No comments: