Friday, October 29, 2010

My Love of Cards, Paper, Pens & Maps.

I love cards, stationary, note books, journals, fancy paper and pens.

I've been told I have good penmanship.
I love trying to copy all the different fonts that are available now.
I even took a shot at learning the Tolkien Tengwar Fonts, but they were tough.
I think a basic Calligraphy course first would be helpful with that.

I could spend hours in small book shops, card shops or anywhere
funky cool stationary is sold.
There are even stores now that have wrapping paper
that is art-like enough to frame & hang on the wall.

I have framed on my desk this card I bought a few years ago at a cute shop
at Yonge & St. Clair called The Papery.
Art for $4.99, how great is that.

Gerhard Gluck "Cats and Dogs Raining"
I also love maps.
I love maps how Adam loves music.
Maps of the World, the Solar System, the Circulatory System, any map.
I bought a National Geograhic Maps Special Edition 8 CD-ROM set, but
it's not the same as sitting in a library at an big old wooden desk with
a huge Atlas in front of you, touching the pages and smelling that old musty book smell.

No comments: