Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Today, it was absolutely beautiful outside.
Sweater weather.
A little warm in the sun.
A bit cool in the shade.

This was my walk with Crockett sky, just one cloud.


It was the perfect day to go Apple Picking or to a Pumpkin Patch.
Walk up and down Yonge Street drinking a Hot Chocolate and people watch.
Wrap a warm scarf around your neck & sit on a park bench with a good book.
I did none of these things.
I do want to go Apple Picking though.
Last time we went was when Crockett was a puppy.

Mom, Dad & Crockett Apple Picking a few years back - maybe '06.

I did go with Crockett for a lovely walk.
We went a different route today.
I didn't want to stand in the park while he sniffed and tinkled.
I wanted us to actually walk.

I am lucky in that we live in a beautiful neighbourhood.
Our old funky apartment building is in a great location next to the park.
The side streets are filled with 2 and 3 storey homes, each trying to out-do their neighbour.
There are a few gems, classic, beautiful homes with gardens that show love and care.
A few remind me of the Home Alone house.

There were alot of people out today with their kids and dogs.
Alot of hand-holding couples out for a stroll.
On one street there were 3 girls that were perhaps 9-11years old, with their
rakes going door to door asking for $5 to rake the front lawn. 
Based on the lawns on the street, they'd already made $25. 
One little girl with her pearls and purse over her shoulder said to me as
we walked by, in a sweet British accent, "Lovely day isn't it."
She made my day.

It is now dinner time.
I'm going to make us some comfort food for dinner,
put on my jammies & cuddle in front of the TV with Adam for the rest of the evening.

Perfect Lazy Saturday.

No comments: