Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crossword Puzzles and The Plumber

I had a few things I needed to do, so I booked a Vacation Day and took care of them all.

As a result, I spent alot of time on the bus and subway.
So much that I completed 2 Crossword Puzzles.

I am grateful that I was able to get to where I needed to using public transit
and that I didn't have to do it in rush hour and always got a seat.
But still, it was brutal time suckage.

To spice up life, we've had a minor water leak in our bathroom for awhile that
a few days ago turned into a major water leak.

We live in a lovely old building with many pros and just as many cons.
A few of the cons are that we don't have a live-in super on-site.
He comes and goes with the garbage/recycling schedule and to empty
the coin operated washer/dryer.
He calls me "sweetie". I dislike that, even though I know it's
cause he can't remember my name.
Everything we ask for will be done tomorrow.
The last tomorrow took about 6 months to arrive.

For the past 3 days he was coming. Never showed up.
I called him last night and put aside the friendly tenant voice for the
very serious (always polite) this needs to be taken care of now voice.

The Plumber arrived about an hour later.
Super nice guy, no nasty crack and took care of the task at hand.
Also, he had waiting for him in his truck, his 8 month old
Bull Dog/Pug cross named Snoopy.
Of course I had to go see him and he was adorable.

End of Plumber story is that I no longer have to mop up water
in the bathroom and our Super said we'd get a new sink....Tomorrow?
I'm betting I'll have to use my serious voice a few more times before that happens.

No comments: