Thursday, July 5, 2012

More About The Weather


I don’t like talking about the weather so much but this past few weeks have been worse than I can remember it ever being,  at least in my adult working life.

There were a few summers as a teenager and lifeguard where I remember some scorchers but all I had to do was jump in the pool to cool off.  I really miss those days. Good memories.

I grew up in the 70’s in a bungalow without air conditioning.  On really hot summer nights all I had to do was go downstairs to the basement & it was cooler. 

I’ve lived in apartments that have had central air conditioning and unless it was overly hot, I wouldn’t use it.  For me, there is nothing like a good nights’ sleep next to a wide open window.

This morning when the alarm went off I woke up right away and rather than hitting the snooze button a few times, I got up, got dressed & took Crockett out at 5:30am.  

It was cooler outside than it was in our apartment. 
 
Of course I took my camera with me.  I spent about 5 minutes taking photos of the Snails and when I turned around to check on Crockett, he was laying in the grass. I'm sure the dew felt nice on his belly.  Although in the last shot, he does look like he's giving me the stink eye.










No comments: