Sunday, July 8, 2012

Groundhog Weekend

With the weather being what it has been, my life almost feels like the Bill Murray movie Groundhog Day.  I have Groundhog weekdays where I get up, go to work, come home, go to bed, get up, go to work, come home, go to bed, get up.....

The Groundhog weekend version is get up, take Crockett for a walk, take pictures of Crockett and the birds, come home, putz around online to cool down, watch TV, eat, do chores, take Crockett for a walk, take pictures of Crockett and the birds, come home, putz around online to cool down, watch TV, eat, do chores........

As much as I enjoy taking Crockett out, we both suffer when we get back to cool down from the heat. He gets placed in the bathtub so I can douse him with tepid water.  I rip my clothes off & stand in front of the fan. 

I have loads of chores to do today.  Adam & I traded off.  I'll do the dishes, clean the kitchen, and mop the floors and he'll go up to Loblaws to fetch some groceries.  I'll turn my radio on to Toronto Classical Radio 96.3fm and get to it.

I started watching Wimbledon this morning but stopped to take Crockett out. I'm PVRing it and will watch it later when my chores are done. My hope is that Murray wins cause how great will that be for England!

So, here are my photos, pretty similar to the last bunch.







It looks as though there are 3 baby birds.  They are growing quickly and soon will be too big for the nest.  I wish they were in the tree by my window so I could watch them more often and without feeling like I'm interfering.




No comments: