Saturday, July 14, 2012

It Buzzed

Crockett & I did our usual Saturday morning walk in the park.  It was beautiful in the shade and hot in the sun. A perfect summer day for outside activities.

When we entered the park, I heard all kinds of pitter patter scattering in the brush.   On my left, a Rat crossed our path.  It wasn't huge, but its tail was a long pinky grey. Gross. I don't mind Field Mice, they're cute, but Rats?  We weren't even anywhere near the creek.   Then on my right, I saw a Rabbit hopping across the grass and disappear into a bush.  I was not fast enough to catch either with my camera.

Crockett seemed happy to just stand in one place for a few minutes and enjoy his surroundings.



I've passed this tree a thousand times before and never noticed it had a portion that is hollow.  I put my camera up close and got lucky.  A Caterpillar/Butterfly chrysalis.




On our way out of the park, I heard a buzzing and saw this!  It was about an inch long. It was moving the dirt around with its back legs and it planted that long red thing coming out of its backside by its stinger into the ground & moved it around.  I tried to get as close as I could.  I will say when it spread its wings to fly away, I almost dropped my camera and I did let out a little scream.






No comments: