Sunday, July 1, 2012

Follow Up From Yesterday

I took Crockett back out today across the street to see the progress of the baby birds.  As we neared the small tree, I saw a butterfly. One I've never seen before.  Thankfully, it rested on a leaf close enough to get with the zoom lens.

The baby birds are more visible today, beaks open and peering over the side of the nest waiting for Mommy.

Then, as Crockett sniffed in the shade for some territory to mark, I saw another butterfly.

The sun is shining, there is a breeze, and it is a perfect day. I wish I had a back yard or a balcony. It is on days like these that I miss my youth life guarding at Ballantyne Pool.

The city is full today.  The Pride Parade about to kick off, College & Bathurst / Little Italy is filled with Spanish and Italian fans and no buzzing with activity.  I am also confident that mere minutes after the game ends there will be cars going up & down Yonge street past our window honking their horns, yelling, and waving their flags.

As for me, my dog is sitting in a cool corner on he floor, my husband is snoring behind me. Yes, it's 1:00pm and he sleeps.  He came to bed this morning after sunrise. He is a night hawk. I am going to give the place a quick once over tidy & plant myself on the couch with a pitcher of water w/orange slices and watch the Euro Cup final.  I don't care who wins, I just want to see a good game.







No comments: